Sunday, November 1, 2009

Meet Jane

I have discovered that I love themes!  Maybe it is the preschool teacher in me - I am used to planning and teaching around a theme.  I love decorating for holidays or designing themed children's rooms.   But, since it is too early for thanksgiving lunches and with Halloween being old news, I had no theme to roll with for lunch tomorrow.

Sooooo there I was staring at the cookie cutters.  I guess I was doing a little bit of whining about not having a theme, when my husband said, (in a 'sarcastic yet somehow supportive at the same time' kind of tone), "Well, I guess you have to do a plain Jane lunch."  I, (sarcstically, yet lovingly), replied "Ok, fine.  I will make a plain Jane lunch."

So here you have her - 'Plain Jane'.  She is made out of cheese, with stringbean bean eyes, tomato mouth.
Also are cheese and crackers, apples, and sunburst squash.

5 comments:

  1. Your kids are so lucky to have such fun and interesting lunch boxes all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such cute ideas! I can't wait to try these with my kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know exactly what, "bento" means?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josette, I had no idea what bento was even after starting this blog! My lunches are a far cry from the traditional bento cusine.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bent%C5%8D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin