Tuesday, January 19, 2010

cucumber bowl


When cutting up yesterdays cucumber for the cucumber chain, I cut the ends off to use for a cucumber bowl in todays lunch.  This idea also came from the Laptop Lunchbox User's guide. The cucumber bowl is filled with a dill dip for dipping the carrots.  I split yesterdays plain couscous into two dishes and made half lime/cilantro and half cinnamon/raisin.  I think you can guess which one this is!  The baby spinach salad is topped with almonds and the plain yogurt has a few frozen peaches on top.

5 comments:

  1. Love the cucumber bowl idea! I need an bento box for my kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your kids eat the cucumber bowls after they're done dipping? My teenager is suddenly into salads as long as I pack the dressing into a cute little Bento pig. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen - I'll let you know after today! This is the first one I've done.
    Everything tastes better when it's cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, you have to check out what my sister did for me. Come over to my blog and see the lunch for today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin