Tuesday, January 5, 2010

dino-mite

A dinosaur quesadilla on top of a bed of lettuce.   I used some of the scrap tortilla dough and ran it through a dinosaur punch I had before cooking.  Seeing the pic, I wish I cut the edges a little straighter, but I was doing 50 bajillion 'mom' things at once during the making of this lunch.

I was going for a 'dinosaur egg' with the larger kiwi.  It looked more like a dinosaur egg (from a side view) before I peeled the brown outside off  - would have like to have kept that on there for aesthetics, but practicality won cause I knew the boy would not be able to peel it so easily at school tomorrow - so it kinds looks more like a flower (?) oh well.  Carrots and blue cheese dip round out this lunch.


after the pic was taken, my son decided he wanted shredded cheese and almond slices on his salad - so those were added. 

6 comments:

  1. I bet all the kids in your son's class stare at his food everyday at lunch and pine over it...I bet he could make a pretty penny to trade! Hahahaha!

    ~WM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I love the idea of running tortilla through a puncher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute lunch! I was wondering though... a puncher? like a paper puncher?? I'm new to all this so I need a bit of explaining here...please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dinosaur punch! So cute! Link to such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup, paper punches. I picked up a some on clearance at a craft store a while back and only use for food.

    this is the one i used for this lunch
    http://www.createforless.com/EK+Paper+Shapers+Punch+Edger+Slim+Dinosaurs/pid156504.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these ideas, thanks! Even though I don't have all the special cutters or have time to do it, I love the food combinations. I sometimes make the same thing 3 days in a row and so thanks for new ideas for next week. :) I am a mom that packs every day. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin