Wednesday, January 6, 2010

puppy dog lunch

This is an almond butter and jelly sandwich.   I was able to get two sandwiches (one for each kid) out of two pieces of bread - I was so proud of myself...
Carrots, celery, crust scraps, were used to embellish.  He has a raisin eye.  A homemade banana muffin and yogurt finish this lunch.

I used a paper punch for the paw print on the carrot slice - a side note about that....  The paper punches I have, I only use on food - however, they are meant for paper.  I had never used this particular punch before and noticed it left a fleck of metal on the carrot.  I triple washed the carrot slice and didn't use the punch again.  I am on the hunt for food safe punches, now...

9 comments:

  1. okay, that's the best one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beyond cute! Of course my 6 year old saw this, wanted and explanation and this for lunch tomorrow.
    that's not happening, however I can make the puppy dog.
    This is the best one I've seen so far!
    You have serious talent girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!!! These lunches make me smile every day! Thanks :)

    ~WM

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh your lunches are so adorable!! I stopped by from MBC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for all the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute! you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is adorable. I can't wait to do cute things with my kids lunches. I'm following from MBC. come check my blog out if you haven't already:

    http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

    Money saving tips, reviews and giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwwwww, my 5 yr old said "that's TOOO CUUUTE ta eat"!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin