Monday, October 12, 2009

bear in the jungle


We decided this one looks like a bear in the jungle!  I used a tri-level cookie cutter that I picked up at a craft store recently.  Really, I think I could have done this without it - ah, live and learn.  The top part of the face is made from the heel of the bread loaf.  The eyes and nose are goat cheese.  The dark part of the eyes are dried cranberry.  The mouth is string cheese (sneakily cut from today's lunch). 
The jungle is a baby spinach salad.  The topping for the salad are in the bottom right corner - more dried cranberry mixed with feta and some raspberry vinegrette.  The top container has celery and hummus.

4 comments:

  1. Now this is stinkin' cute! You have the best ideas. So creative. My 5 yr old is so picky. He won't eat lunchroom food and all I can get him to take in his lunch is either a pb & j or ham sandwich. I need to search through here and see what all other crafty little things you come up with. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww it does look like a bear in the jungle!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's just too darn cute! I was actually telling my hubby about your blog and about the adorable little lunches you put together. You're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!
    Thanks for stopping by and entering to win the Childs Umbrella at http://raisingmy4sons.com Be sure to stop by as I have a few new giveaways and plan to post a couple more soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin