Tuesday, October 27, 2009

creepy crawly spiders


The web is cut from a bake it yourself wheat tortilla - if you can't tell, I love these things and use them all the time!  I cut a circle out of a larger tortilla.  Then I cut out just a portion of a circle all the way around the tortilla to form the outer edge of the web.  I used melted almond butter placed in a plastic baggie with the end snipped to swirl on the web design.

The large spider is made out of cut nori attached with almond butter to a 'late july' brand organic cookie (yumm, btw!).  The eyes and web silk string are made from cheese.  The mini spiders are cut out of nori using a small sun shaped cutter. The whole design lays on bed of sweet couscous (minus the raisins this time, after the mustache incident). 
I'd love to say I made the orange monster guy eyes... but they are plastic.  They came out of a pumpkin carving kit.  The orange monster guy is made with blood orange slices.  Edamame finishes off this lunch.

9 comments:

  1. wow, what a great web idea! I will have to remember that one, thanks amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog on "top mommy blogs" such cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. spiders and the web, the monster are all awesome ... (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Now I know what to use for spider legs instead of licorice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the cute Spooky lunches - tooo darling! Also the vanilla pumpkin pie looks delicious!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!
    I have always done "cupcake lunches" for my kids. Similar to a bento box (before I knew what a bento box was), I use a muffin tin and fill each spot with a small amount of something...a square of a sandwich, grapes, carrot sticks, cheerios, etc...he's always finished his lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the web!

    Your halloween lunches have been so awesome! Are you going to miss making them as much as I am once this week is done? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. So completely cool. The web rocks!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin