Monday, October 5, 2009

pizza/calzone night!

 My kids were watching noggin (now nick jr.) the other day and the show Olivia was on.  One of the characters mentioned eating a peanut butter calzone.   My son wanted to know what a calzone was.  It dawned on me that he had never eaten one!  You see, until the last year or so, he was probably the only child to not like pizza.  Then one day (most likely at a birthday party) he scarfed down a few slices in a row and declared that he does, in fact, like pizza.

When he found out I was making pizza crust yesterday (I make it a day ahead and fridge it overnight)  he was all excited to turn it into calzones!
With clean hands and an eagerness to learn, he entered my domain and helped me make the calzones. He did a great job!
We then used the rest of the dough to make small pizzas for mom and dad.  Our pizzas have tomato sauce, oregano, sun dried tomato, feta, mozzarella, goat cheese, kalamata olives, and shredded chicken tossed in homemade pesto (I make this and freeze in cubes).

This picture was taken before the fresh tomato was added - should have taken an after the oven picture, they looked awesome!  Individual pizzas are such a great dinner item to get the kids involved in making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin