Saturday, September 19, 2009

A fungus among us!

We have just had a week of straight rain here in north Texas.  I just went to let the dog out and this is what I found in the backyard.



I was chatting it up with my friend, Andrea, the other day and telling her how my once beautiful lush grass is struggling since my life changing garden experience this summer.  She is a pretty health conscience/ingredient checkin'/over all natural remedy kinda person with a nice lawn, I might add! She told me about a solution she makes up and sprays on her lawn.  Not sure where she got it from (I like to give credit!) but here is the rundown...

In a lawn sprayer, place....
1 cup amonia
1 cup dish soap
1 cup mouth wash
1 cup epsom salts
and top with a beer.
can do as frequently as every 2 weeks during growing seasons.

After a chuckle and asking if she was serious... which she was, I looked to see if we had all those things around the house...


I was telling my mother about this and she mentioned a possible link between antibacterial soaps and dish soaps and hormone levels in the water supply.  Anyone know anything about that??
Sure enough, I had picked up a cheap bottle of antibacterial dish soap in my shopping trip last week.  I heard costco sells a huge, cheap environmentally safe version I will pick up on the next costco run.

I've been turning genderless baby fish into girl fish and didn't even know it! eeek.

3 comments:

  1. Following you from MBC
    www.lunchboxlimbo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many great ideas on your blog! Thanks so much for the follow! I am following back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diggin the new digs! Looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin