Wednesday, September 23, 2009

pinkalicious lunch

Here is my daughter's lunch for tomorrow - alllll pink!

We pureed beets, put the mix into mini ice cube trays and froze.  We took out one cube, defrosted and then added a little to both cottage cheese and cinnamon applesauce.

The sandwich is almond butter and cherry jelly, the the salad has the bread heart cut out with a heart fruit strip cut out on top (she ate the rest of the fruit strip for snack today).  The salad, although green now, will be pink tomorrow when she tops it with the raspberry vinaigrette.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I was trying to think of how to do all red the other day cause Syd's favorite Spanish word is rojo. I may use some beets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me permission to use one of your photos. I had thought about asking you earlier, but I was putting the post together late at night. This is the one I chose. Thanks! I hope you like the review.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin