Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's Fall!!

In honor of tomorrow being October 1st, we have an all fall themed lunch!
Salad with orange/yellow and red fall leaves, a rice pumpkin, and cinnamon raisin poached pears!


The Inspiration for the leaves and pumpkin came from the last issue of Parents Magazine.  I did slightly different variations of each. 

For the leaves, I used wheat tortilla dough.  I cut out leaf shapes with cookie cutters, and colored with watered down beet and butternut squash purees.  (I freeze the purees in ice cube trays, then transfer to a freezer bag.  When I need just a little I  just pull out one cube.)  After coloring, I cooked the dough on a hot skillet.

The pumpkin is made from brown rice with a little grated carrot and some of the butternut squash puree added.  The stem is a slice from a cucumber.

5 comments:

  1. I love the technique for your flowers! They came out just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! (i do that all the time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to say hello:-) I really like the feel of your blog... I am new to your blog, and I am following you from MBC Follow Me Club 2...

    http://www.parentstlc.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin